DIY Sandbox is proud to offer Platinum, an integrated "Arduino Mini" form factor microprocessor with an onboard 802.11b WiFi module and microSD card holder. Measuring less than 2" x 2" (with headers), Platinum offers a fully customizable low power WiFi solution in an extremely compact size.
Platinum is designed for advanced users. A basic understanding of soldering, reading schematics, and programming via an FTDI breakout board is required to use Platinum to its full potential.
Note: Programming your Platinum requires the use of an FTDI breakout board (example). In addition, we have provided detailed instructions on the programming process in our Platinum QuickStart Guide (PDF). Please follow all instructions in this guide to avoid common issues. In addition, we have provided a handy Pinout Guide (PDF) to help you easily indentify the various pins which are exposed for your use.
- Integrated "Arduino Mini" form factor microprocessor with an onboard 802.11b WiFi module (measuring less than 2" x 2" with headers attached)
- 802.11b (11mbps) certified (throughput limited by Arduino processor) for near universal connectivity with any access point
- Exposed analog reference (AREF) pad for analog inputs requiring flexible voltages
- Existing Arduino Ethernet library compatibility using our Wirefree library and example sketches
- Pulse width modulated (PWM) LED for customizable notifications
- MicroSD card holder for expanded storage options
- Supports WiFi Access Point generation
- Connects to adhoc and infrastructure networks
- DNS lookup
- Supports up to 16 TCP or UDP connections
- Web provisioning via either a webserver or WPS
- WEP 64/128, WPA/WPA2 personal security
- Fast passphrase key calculation (WPA/WPA2)
- Stores two connection profiles for easy reconnection
- Dynamic site scanning of nearby access points, including RSSI information (can be used for coarse grain triangulation)
- 5.1cm x 3.8cm x 0.8cm (with headers installed)
- 2.0in x 1.5in x 0.3in (with headers installed)
(These files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 license.)
Wirefree Software Library:
(All software libraries are released under the GPL.)